REPORTING ABUSE AND FINDING SUPPORT
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires immediate medical attention call the emergency services on 999. Do not delay.
ST JUSTUS CHURCH, ROCHESTER
At St Justus we take safeguarding responsibilities very seriously. If you have any concerns about safeguarding where a person is not in immediate danger then please contact our safeguarding officer Karen Byrne or speak to our Vicar or Church Warden:
For queries to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team please contact:
From 5pm on Friday through to 9am on Monday Thirtyone:eight (previously CCPAS) has been contracted to take safeguarding telephone enquiries, that cannot wait until the Diocesan office reopens on Monday morning. Telephone number 0303 003 11 11.
In addition, Safe Spaces is an independent service supporting survivors of church-related abuse. This independent service is run by the charity Victim Support and funded by the Church of England together with the Catholic Church in England and Wales and the Church in Wales. It is free to access via telephone – 0300 303 1056 (answerphone available outside of opening times), email – email@example.com, or web-chat via www.safespacesenglandandwales.org.uk/
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing to you and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)
At St Justus Church we believe that the church should be a place where all people feel welcomed, valued and safe. As such, we recognise the importance of good safeguarding procedures. We have adopted the Church of England Promoting a Safer Church Safeguarding Policy for Children, Young People and Adults. It can be accessed online and it is also displayed on our Safeguarding notice board at church.